incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: open the UOF2.0 source codes
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 17:24:44 GMT
On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 2:30 AM, hongyun.an <hongyun.an@cs2c.com.cn> wrote:

> **
>
> hi ,everyone:
>
> My name is An Hongyun, An is the last name.Since 2008,I have worked for
> the document format interoperability.
>
> Now I am serving for the China Standard Software Co.,Ltd.
>
> Here is a good news.We are going to open the UOF2.0 source codes which are
> researched for years based on OpenOffice.
> As a Chinese document format,UOF(Unified Office document Format) describes
> the document format structure basing on
> the W3C XML Schema,using Chinese character tags.Now UOF has a wide range
> of applications.
>
> UOF2.0 is improved more greatly than UOF1.1.It has a better structure,
> which  is  multi-file structure,including uof.xml,
> meta.xml,context.xml,chart.xml,graphics.xml,rules.xml and so on. And
> UOF2.0 unifies the definition of the public properties,
> supports the multi-language.
>
> Until now we  have achieved reading and writing the  UOF2.0 documents by
> modifying the OpenOffice source codes and the
> style sheets.
>
> But I don't know how to open the source codes.Are there any steps or rules
> about opening the source codes.Could anyone tell me ?

Hello An Hongyun,

I am assuming that the UOF 2.0 code is owned by CS2C and it is not already
open source.

If this is true, then CS2C can do a "Software Grant Agreement" to put this
code under the Apache License, and contribute it to the project.

Apache has a form for this here:
http://www.apache.org/licenses/cla-corporate.txt

Note "Schedule B" is where you would list the files that CS2C wishes to
contribute.  The signed form can be mailed, faxed or scanned and emailed.
See the instructions in the 3rd paragraph.

Regards,

-Rob