incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Separation of Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 14:02:07 GMT
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> Way to go iamcat!
>
> Your brand and topnav are now in Traditional Chinese!
>
> On May 8, 2012, at 6:43 PM, imacat wrote:

>>>    Sorry I do not understand this part. ^^;  I added brand.mdtext and
>>> topnav.mdtext for both directories, but they does not work.  The page
>>> titles and navigations are not updated even ofter succeeding updates.
>>> Did I missed anything?

>>>    I think zh-tw.openoffice.org and zh-cn.openoffice.org would be fine.
>>> ^_*'  Thank you.
>>
>>    Sorry. ^^;  On a second thought, I think tw.openoffice.org and
>> cn.openoffice.org would be better, in order to attract local community.
>> Sorry for the trouble.
>
> We'll allow for all reasonable subdomains.
>
> I'll make the request tomorrow, I hope that zh-cn will be ready.
>
> I think that a similar request for pt-br / br makes sense.
>
> Here are the redirections:
>
> (1) tw.openoffice.org -> www.openoffice.org/zh-tw/
> (2) cn.openoffice.org -> www.openoffice.org/zh-cn/
> (3) zh-tw.openoffice.org -> www.openoffice.org/zh-tw/
> (4) zh-cn.openoffice.org -> www.openoffice.org/zh-cn/
> (5) zh.openoffice.org/new/zh_tw/ -> www.openoffice.org/zh-tw/
> (6) zh.openoffice.org/new/zh_cn/ -> www.openoffice.org/zh-cn/
>
> plus
>
> (7) br.openoffice.org -> www.openoffice.org/pt-br/
>
> Anyone have other needed redirections?

Did anyone actually request a redirect for pt-br?

It would be good to understand the interest there a bit more.  Aside
from continental Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese, isn't it also
spoken in the Azores and Cape Verde?  Which version of AOO would they
use?  And what would make it easier for them to find?