incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Propose testlink
Date Sat, 05 May 2012 16:26:32 GMT
In Sat, May 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Ji Yan <yanji.yj@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't have any public storage to store the VM image(File size is about 6
> GB). Does anyone know whether there is public storage I can upload my file?

I don't.   And even if I did, I don't think that would help most
testers decide if they like testlink.

These are two different skill sets, right:

1) Ability to install, maintain, administer test link

2) Ability to use testlink as part of a QA effort

We need volunteers to develop both skill sets if we will be successful
with testlink.

For #1, read Raphael's post for the requirements of a VM for Infrastructure.

For #2, maybe we can start by looking at the testlink demo server:

http://testlink.sourceforge.net/demo/login.php

The demo server is slow, but it is good for getting an idea of the
functionality.

-Rob

> 2012/5/4 Raphael Bircher <rbircher@apache.org>
>
>> Hi Ji Yan
>>
>> You can upload the VM samewhere? so asfinfra people can have a look on
>> it. But you have to install the same at the ASF Infrastructure again,
>> because infra setup only clean VM's. Join the IRC-Channel #asfinfra and
>> subscribe the mailinglist infrastructure@apache.org
>>
>> Greetings Raphael
>>
>> Am 04.05.12 17:09, schrieb Ji Yan:
>> > Raphael, thanks for your info. I already setup a TestLink demo in Ubuntu
>> > 10.04 64-bit VM, and want to show this to our community. How to follow
>> up?
>> > Shall I ask ASF infra to upload my VM?

>> home
>> system(we