incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "I want to stay informed about OpenOffice" option for the home page?
Date Sat, 05 May 2012 18:16:39 GMT
On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 1:47 PM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-05-05 at 11:03 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:

 They

>> > Is it? I put one of other images up next to it, and brought the top
>> > (G+) button up to match the top (the extension jigsaw puzzle piece) -
>> > but I did not try using it on a mockup page, so it could be.
>> >

>> Hi Drew,
>>
>> I did a local build of the website, with your logo in it.  Good news
>> is you have the alignment of the normal and hover versions perfect.
>> So it works well in that regard.
>>
>> But we're only getting a partial render in each state.  I see the g+
>> icon and 90% of the Twitter fish.  Now, we could muck around with the
>> CSS to show more of that, but that would expand the entire block for
>> that item and put the page out of balance, IMHO.
>>
>> Ideally I think we want to have this icon use the same vertical space
>> as the other icons, i.e., the same visible space, not just the same
>> total 500px space.   We have a similar constraint on horizontal size,
>> in order to preserve the text alignment.
>>
>> I wonder if a newspaper icon would work in this context?  Keep
>> informed, announcements, news, etc.
>
> Lets look - updated the png
> http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/keep-in-touch_aoo.png

Brilliant.  It works perfectly.

Just so we record on the list archives this information for future
generations, what is the magic needed to get the "faded" and "normal"
versions of the icon?  Are you changing saturation?  Something else?
And by how much?

Now to make a page for that to link to.  That's just HTML.  I can
handle that ;-)

-Rob