incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: Pages in the social media
Date Sun, 06 May 2012 14:14:32 GMT
n Sun, May 6, 2012 at 10:05 AM, imacat <> wrote:
>    That said, could I setup official OpenOffice account for Taiwan on
> Facebook, Plurk, etc?

Oh, I know nothing about Plurk ;-)

>    What is the condition besides linking to  Is it
> OK to link to

That's fine.  The important thing is that we are directing the user
back to the project's website.

Would the page be for traditional and simplified Chinese?   Or only traditional?

(I am ignorant of these things.  Can the average Chinese reader
understand both scripts?)

Facebook and Google+ have built-in tools for allowing multiple users
to co-administer the account.  This is good thing, so you can share
the effort in managing the account.  Twitter has no built-in support
for this, so you would need to rely on outside services for this.

But I know you are active on Google+, so maybe good to start there?
On Google+ they call it a "Google+ Page".  If you go here you should
see a button for creating a new page:

Of course, you will also want to make a specific proposal on this list
and see if anyone objects (lazy consensus).

> On 2012/05/06 21:51, Rob Weir said:
>> On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 6:53 AM, Albino Biasutti Neto
>> <> wrote:
>>> 2012/5/1 Claudio Filho <>
>>> hastag: #aoobr #apacheoobr
>>> Fbook:
>> Similar here, the "website" should be
>>> G+:
>> And same here.  An official project account should be linking back to
>> the project website, not to
> --
> Best regards,
> imacat ^_*' <>