incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Special Thanks to Andrew Rist
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 16:46:14 GMT
As we celebrate the release of Apache OpenOffice 3.4, I want to just
take moment to recognize one project member who has been very busy,
but also very quiet.

The transition from Oracle to Apache did not end with Oracle
submitting an SGA.  That was just the beginning.  From coordinating
domain name transfers, to helping transition the many legacy online
services, to handling administrative requests on legacy servers, to
updating license info in source files, and on and on, including stuff
I probably don't even know about.  Oh, yes, and then he somehow found
time to get the buildbots running.

So thanks, Andrew, for your steady work on transitioning the project
to Apache, and thanks as well to Oracle for making your efforts
possible.

Regards,

-Rob