incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [UX] Questions for users
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 03:07:29 GMT
Hey All,

Great thread, many great research questions in here.

Overall, we are moving in the right direction. We need to understand who
uses AOO, and what they use it for. What works, what doesn't . Context of
use, when and where is also important.

Let's move the conversation to the UX wiki, and capture some our research
question candidates.

Also, let's look at previous research efforts to help us quickly build a
strong survey. Sun, Oracle, IBM and the OO community have performed user
research in the past. Let's leverage this content, where possible.

In addition to a capturing a series of research questions, let's capture
our thoughts in the UX wiki on our research strategy. Beyond email list and
forums, we may want to consider how we might use social media channels to
drive traffic to the user research questions.

Finally, let's think about how we take the output of the research data and
turn the data into UX work products that will help drive informed design
and development decisions. Harvesting data to create user roles and usage
scenarios would be a logical start.

I volunteer to create some UX wiki pages to help capture this content.

Regards,
Kevin