incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AOO 3.4 downloads by language and country
Date Mon, 28 May 2012 02:55:03 GMT
On Sunday, May 27, 2012, Rob Weir wrote:

> The following lists the top 10 countries for downloads of each AOO 3.4
> NL install.
>
> Downloads have come from 226 countries.  26 countries saw more than
> 10,000 downloads, 78 countries had more than 1,000 downloads, and 147
> had more than 100 downloads.  Four countries had only a single
> download each:  Guinea-Bissau, Wallis and Futuna, Eritrea, and Chad.
>
> (And yes, we have three downloads, of the Italian version, from the
> Vatican City).
>
> Aside from showing the diversity of our users, and the complexity of
> language distributions, it suggests some gaps.   For example, look at
> the top non-English speaking countries that have downloaded the en_US
> version: Sweden, Romania, Poland, Indonesia.  So strong interest in
> AOO in those countries.  Maybe we should reach out for volunteer to
> help update those translations?
>
> There maybe be other patterns here that others can discern and point out.

> [...]

KG01 says:

Huge opportunity in China. Unfortunately, we are also competing with
bootleg versions of MS Products. Perhaps opportunity lies addressing needs
not met by MS. For example, our social features could include integration
with popular Chinese social media such as weibo and Ren Ren.

Regards,
Kevin