incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL]: Apache OpenOffice Next-Gen logo...
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 06:33:59 GMT
Michael,

Thanks for sharing the logo mockups. Also, I appreciate you acknowledging
my earlier contributions - most gracious.

With AOO 3.4 just hitting the streets, now is the time to think about
performing some design research and explorations in support of branding for
AOO 4.0.

Perhaps you could create an AOO 4.0 logo concepts page on the wiki to
capture these great ideas. I also have a number of concepts that I would
like to share with you and others for input.

In addition, I suggest we capture some background material on the intent of
the visual identity. With new AOO contributors and an ever evolving product
landscape we may want to revisit the message, positioning and emotions that
the identity is looking to realize. This effort should be in concert with
any and all AOO business and marketing efforts.

Some thoughts...

Regards,
Kevin