incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Introduces
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 02:47:47 GMT
Welcome Luiz,

Great timing. AOO3.4 is almost complete and planning is starting for
upcoming releases.

For my part, I've recently joined the project and will be focusing on the
user experience design and product direction.

Your experience and background could be of huge assistance to the UX effort
moving forward. Product design is a multidisciplinary activity, and your
skills and experience are really impressive. I want to transform the AOO
design approach to be more oriented around people, versus technology. I
want to focus the strategic planning and design direction less on features,
and more on how people use AOO in the context of their lives -
multi-device, cloud and social and more...

Your journalism background, and familiarity with how people use AOO could
really help us tell stories that describe how people will continue to use
AOO in a way that compliment their lives, where the technology is
complimentary to the things they like to get done. Such stories are a great
tool to communicate the product vision internally, and can also be used to
validate design direction direction with end users

I'll be looking to re-invigorate the UX sub-community moving forward. We'd
love to have your support.

Thoughts?

Best regards,
Kevin