incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Xia Zhao <lilyzh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Windows Install Issues (was RE: Linux install issues)
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 06:39:07 GMT
Dennis,

2012/5/22 Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>

> One more thing about the idea of installing at the m.n level instead of
> the m level (i.e, m =3, n = 4), is that users can easily keep one or more
> versions behind and mainly side-by-side.  (I think there is some difficulty
> if they are both running at once.)  This has become routine for LibreOffice
> and it seems to allow folks to try out new features without fearing
> regressions of work that is important to them on the older release branch.
>
> I particularly like the fact that I can run multiple LibreOffice main
> branches and Apache OpenOffice (only one though :( side-by-side.  That is
> great for QA, interoperability trouble-shooting, etc.  Even with multiple
> virtual machines, it is handy to have side-by-side installs, if not
> executions, too.

 Yes, I agree with you. Multiple applicaiton installation is one good
testing point and we have covered it in previous testing indeed, though may
the coverage is not large.

Comparing with the multiple application, I care more about the file type
asscociation, especially when one machine install MS Office, LibreOffice
and AOO, previous OO etc.