incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Xia Zhao <lilyzh...@gmail.com>
Subject AOO 3.4, OOo 3.3, LibreOffice3.5.3 Performance Testing Result
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 07:44:47 GMT
Hi all,

Two or three weeks ago we have had lot of discussion against performance,
and I ever statement that we would provide the performance testing data.
Now the manual testing result is got and we will continuous on automatic
performance data.

*Test environment:*

*    CPU: Pentium 4. CPU 2.6GHz*

*    Memory: 1G*

*    OS: Windows XP SP3 *

  *Category*

*Action*

*Scenario*

*AOO3.4 Rev.1327774*

*OOo 3.3*

*LibreOffice 3.5.3*

Launch

 Warm application startup

with quick start

3.34 /0.31

1.92 /0.01

3.04 /0.02

 without quick start

3.41 /0.05

3.16 /0.18

4.63 /0.06

Launch

 Warm document startup

with quick start

2.74 /0.60

2.12 /0.03

3.42 /0.22

 without quick start

8.25 /0.40

4.59 /0.10

7.34 /0.04

  Filter

New oct

-

0.81 /0.09

1.03 /0.08

1.01 /0.05

  Filter

New odp

-

0.84 /0.08

2.10 /0.09

1.24 /0.03

  Filter

New odd

-

0.67 /0.06

0.81 /0.09

0.84 /0.06

  Filter

odt Load Finish

Plain

2.78 /0.11

2.71 /0.02

2.84 /0.03

 Complex

3.82 /0.19

3.66 /0.03

4.17 /0.08

Filter

doc Load Finish

Plain

3.75 /0.11

3.61 /0.05

6.40 /0.36

 Complex

11.61 /0.20

10.83 /0.10

14.47 /0.19

Filter

odp Load Finish

Plain

4.70 /0.19

4.72 /0.14

8.17 /0.12

 Complex

13.56 /0.09

13.94 /0.11

17.15 /0.17

Filter

ppt Load Finish

Plain

2.38 /0.14

2.24 /0.03

2.61 /0.09

 Complex

15.79 /0.40

15.29 /0.22

64.31 /1.00

Filter

ods Load Show

Plain

3.30 /0.36

3.57 /0.02

3.83 /0.13

 Complex

8.20 /0.05

5.69 /0.19

10.15 /0.11

Filter

xls Load Show

Plain

2.54 /0.02

3.16 /0.04

1.96 /0.02

 Complex

10.14 /0.22

9.83 /0.11

6.14 /0.07

Filter

Save odt

Plain

3.40 /0.06

3.37 /0.03

3.85 /0.05

 Complex

10.82 /0.16

10.66 /0.17

11.90 /0.02

Filter

Save doc

Plain

1.90 /0.12

1.79 /0.08

2.65 /0.06

 Complex

4.27 /0.08

4.00 /0.03

5.59 /0.07

Filter

Save odp

Plain

3.49 /0.20

4.32 /0.10

4.96 /0.10

 Complex

22.81 /0.29

26.50 /0.28

28.38 /0.05

Filter

Save ppt

Plain

2.98 /0.12

3.23 /0.18

3.23 /0.05

 Complex

29.20 /1.68

32.75 /0.70

54.28 /0.69

Filter

Save ods

Plain

2.17 /0.12

2.39 /0.09

2.71 /0.09

 Complex

4.02 /0.16

2.76 /0.07

3.27 /0.07

Filter

Save xls

Plain

2.09 /0.05

1.95 /0.03

2.58 /0.02

 Complex

4.25 /0.08

3.99 /0.04

7.49 /0.17

>From the above manual testing result, we can see that there are some
performance regression for AOO 3.4 comparing with OOo 3.3, for example,
startup, odd save and els save etc. Others are ok.

Best Regards,

Lily