incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From bjcheny <>
Subject Re: how to install Apache OpenOffice 3.4 in headless server
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 02:52:33 GMT

I guess it may still require graphics stuff like "X11"?
I just search through openoffice's website with "headless" and seem to get
some info helpful.

[2007-11-21 14:56:06] <PhilippL> ericb2: on the non X11 platforms no
window will be opened, but the graphics system of the platform is of
course still used.
[2007-11-21 14:56:26] <PhilippL> ericb2: on X11 the headless plugin
removes the need for that, too.

I think it's unnecessary to require graphics things once you only ask for
headless mode from openoffice.

Chen Ying