incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shenfeng Liu <liush...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] IBM SGA/CCLA Submitted for Symphony Source Code Contribution
Date Sat, 19 May 2012 05:37:07 GMT
Graham,
  Thanks for your comments!

  I also feel sorry that some of the features in Symphony can not be
contributed out directly, because they were implemented based on Java XPD.
But there are still a lot of valuable UX features in the code contributed,
e.g. the sidebar, Numbering&Bullet enhancement, DataPilot, and many small
UX enhancements. One thing I want to set every one's expectation is that
even for the features/enhancements in the current contributed Symphony
code, there will still be a lot of work for us to do to integrate them into
our AOO build in the future releases. It can not simply happen tomorrow,
unfortunately.

  But my point is, as far as we set the clear targets, we will move
forward. MDI, Mail merge... all those can bring big value to AOO users, we
can do. What we need are only more time and more contributors. :) Let's
work together to make them happen!

- Simon