incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Guy Waterval <waterval....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting Started with AOO book
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 20:52:38 GMT
Hi Jean,

2012/5/2 Jean Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com>

> Over the years I've done quite a bit of that type of recruitment. My
> experience is that such efforts mostly bring forth a collection of
> wannabe writers who waste enormous amounts of my time and produce
> nothing useful, and reviewers who nitpick but don't notice actual
> errors in content. The few productive members of the ODFAuthors team
> appear to have come on their own, and those few make great
> contributions.
>
> For the various reasons mentioned above, I personally am not motivated
> to do any of the sort of recruitment you suggest at this time. If
> someone else wants to do so, that's fine.

I can understand your reticence with a too big campaign of recrutement. The
"Take all what you find, put all the business in a pot, add a liter ketchup
and mix" is a modern method of management but certainly not a good one.;-)
But you haven't to be demotivated, because with a few people you have
produced, without noise, an useful and concret work. Thus,  you haven't to
assume all the job here, this project has also to take its
responsabilities, but your experience has a high value here where all has
to be started.

A+
--
gw