incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Guy Waterval <waterval....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incorrect Information About AOO 3.4
Date Sun, 27 May 2012 11:23:05 GMT
Hi Dave,
Hi all,

2012/5/27 Dave Barton <bmcs@apache.org>

> FileHippo.com is a very popular download site for free software and for
> many years they have been offering OOo binaries for download. They are
> now offering
> Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe from this
> page: http://www.filehippo.com/download_openoffice/
>
> While this is good for user awareness of our first release, some of the
> information on that download page is incorrect and in one part totally
> misleading:

 There are other problems of this type, for instance, the fr webpage of the
AOO project :

http://www.openoffice.org/fr/

You will see a link "Boutique OpenOffice.org", pointing to the fr OOo.org
former store, now in the hands of LibO : http://enventelibre.org/la-mouette.
You can buy there old articles about OOo.org (remaining stocks) gently
mixed with the new ones (LibO). They sell also articles for some other
linked associations :

   -

   April : TDF Supporters : http://www.documentfoundation.org/supporters/
   -

   Framasoft, which writes great articles about OO.org :
   http://www.framasoft.net/article472.html

In this case, the issue is not these associations themselves, which have
the right to have their own opinion. The issue is, for me, the AOO project
itself, which not controlls seriously its external communication.

After several (public and private) requests inviting to be careful with
some links present on the fr website, nothing has changed up to now. For
me, these things are not to be minimized. I have nothing against a certain
communication with the concurrent project, but if we will avoid some battle
in the future, the best way is perhaps to be more careful with our external
communication.

Of course, this represents only my personal opinion, and has not to be
interpreted as a direct attack or any perverse insinuation against the
person who has in the hands the keys of the fr website.

A+

--

gw