incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Harbison <dpharbi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "Google Docs Boasts 450 New Fonts and 60 New Templates"
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 18:12:42 GMT
On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 1:48 AM, Roberto Galoppini <rgaloppini@geek.net>wrote:

> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57426699-93/google-docs-boasts-450-new-fonts-and-60-new-templates/
> >
> > Is there any easy way to tell how many templates we have in our
> > template repository?  It might make sense to mention the templates and
> > extensions repositories in our AOO 3.4 announcement, since that is a
> > statement on the scope of the larger ecosystem.  Someone who
> > contributes a template or writes an extension is a contributor to the
> > overall OpenOffice effort.
>
> Numbers, here we go:
>
> - 864 Extensions, total 2856 releases
> - 2340 Templates in 18 languages:
>
> 25      da
> 313     de
> 57      el
> 1115    en
> 87      es
> 142     fr
> 2       he
> 14      hu
> 100     it
> 133     ja
> 46      nl
> 82      pl
> 54      pt-br
> 129     ru
> 9       sl
> 19      sv
> 3       zh-hans
> 10      zh-hant
>
> Let me add that next week we plan to go out with a blog entry about
> Extensions and Templates, containing some stats and an interview to
> one of the authors. If you wish we can coordinate the timing. My idea
> was to publish this a couple of days after the AOO 3.4 PR. For that
> day we are working on a short video showing some of the top features
> of the new release.

I like your idea... but lets agree to allow the announcement post to stay
'on the top' for a couple of days at least; i.e. through Friday of next
week, May 11.  So you may want to target posting the week of May 14. Bear
in mind that Juergen is planning to post one wearing his Release Manager
hat, and going into more details on the release itself than we have done
with the original announcement content.

> Maybe I better move this discussion on ooo-marketing?

Well, sure, but to be honest, there's not alot of eyeballs on
 ooo-marketing...yet.