incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting Started with AOO book
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 23:55:24 GMT
On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 11:09 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 6:23 AM, Jean Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The lack of interest in this book is quite conspicuous, and very demotivating for
me to continue to work on it. I've put the updated draft chapters on the ODFAuthors website
and will put the compiled draft book there soon. Then I'll go back to my travel photos and
to the LibreOffice books. Someone can let me know if/when anything happens at AOO userdocs.
Cheers, Jean

> In case it is not clear:  this is the mad rush to do the final touches
> on the AOO 3.4 release.  We're completing the vote, mapping out
> release directory structures, updating download scripts, doing final
> website translations, preparing blog posts and release announcements,
> etc.   Anyone involved in the project is already working at 110% this
> week.  So don't be demotivated if you don't get immediate feedback on
> your user guides.  But next time maybe try to have these ready for
> review at the same time we're prepping the Release Candidate build.
> You're more likely to get cycles from project members then.
>
> -Rob

I first brought this specific book project up on this list on 15
February, at which time there was a bit of discussion but no one came
forth to actually do any work. I also brought it up at ODFAuthors,
with similar lack of response. So I forged ahead on my own. On 4 April
I asked for reviewers on both this list and ODFAuthors. I may be
wrong, but I think that was before the RC prep cycle.

My note at the start of this thread was as much to do with the lack of
interest (at ODFAuthors as well as here) from people to work on
preparing the drafts, as it was about lack of reviewers. The lack of
techwriters could be due to any number of factors, but the nett result
is as I mentioned in my first note on this thread.

--Jean