incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Wolf Halton <wolf.hal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [UX] Questions for users
Date Sun, 20 May 2012 18:54:26 GMT
On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 1:33 PM, Albino Biasutti Neto
<biasuttin@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi.
>
> 2012/5/20 Paulo de Souza Lima <paulo.s.lima@varekai.org>
>
> > I think you mean "How old are you?" =)
> >

> Sorry, thanks.
>

> > Maybe we could contribute to improve those questions. My 2 cents:
> >
> > Are you using it at your work (ask where does he/she work) or at home, or
> > both?
> > Do you think you have enough support? Where do you use to get support?
> > (manuals, friends, forum, mailing lists, etc)
> >

> Good!
>
> Open to suggestions. :-)
>
> Albino

Where will these questions be asked? During the download process? During
the registration process? A poll on the web site?

-Wolf

PS Website polls 1 to 2 question open-ended questions (questions without a
set choice of answers) have been known to produce very useful data-sets
among users of public library services, and I would suggest that model as
an interesting way to find out our own blind spots, regarding usage trends.
Closed-end questions such as "do you like seagulls" can only get 3

Open-Source Software in Libraries - http://FOSS4Lib.org
Apache Open Office Developer wolfhalton@apache.org