incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Yue Helen <helenyu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] IBM SGA/CCLA Submitted for Symphony Source Code Contribution
Date Mon, 21 May 2012 06:18:52 GMT
As one member of the team, I feel proud that people missed the mail merge
feature ^o*...although the code can't be applied to our code base, the
design does. We can refer to the best from the design, and improve the mail
merge function here.

Besides mail merge & MDI, there are a lot of user experience improvements
across three editors in this contribution...for example, the sidebar is in,
which users can access most context properties easily; the clip-art
gallery, has many newly designed pictures; numbering & bullet enhancements,
context menu, look & feel, ...some are bigger ones, but some are very small
items, but were driven by strong user needs or user study, so IMHO still
very valuable for users.

These enhancements are spreading in many places (in code) across three
editors. It would take quite some time to integrate. I would invite all to
have a look at the list, and discuss what you like, what we want to use
here, and how to go forward...Looking forward to your thoughts. :-)

Helen