incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Yue Helen <helenyu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL]: Apache OpenOffice Next-Gen logo...
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 09:35:12 GMT
2012/5/9 Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon.oo@gmail.com>

> All good thoughts.
>
> Again, I think it is best to summarize our current thoughts on what the
> brand is intended to represent, then explore design alternatives to realize
> the brand message.
>
> This is a good but big question to ask...the key message in my mind is,

1) Apache OpenOffice is a continuation of OpenOffice.org - so it should
include some visual element from the previous OpenOffice logo, and need to
include Apache.
2) Several keywords for product mission, "leading",
"open-source"/"open-standard", "ease of use" (the target...)
http://www.openoffice.org/why/
3) Introduce refreshed, modern, sharp visual elements...to represent that
we are on the road to the next momentum.

Helen