incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ian <...@amham.net>
Subject [Dev] Redundant information in ODF document
Date Sun, 27 May 2012 09:35:44 GMT
Hi,

I am interested in looking into the ODF documents produced by AOO with
a respect to the document schema etc.

One thing I noticed when creating a simple almost "Hello World"
document is that there are some unused and probably not required font
infomation in the content.xml.

<office:font-face-decls>
svg:font-family="'Lohit Devanagari'"/>
Bookman L'" style:font-adornments="Light"
style:font-pitch="variable"/>
svg:font-family="'Liberation Serif'" style:font-family-generic="roman"
style:font-pitch="variable"/>
svg:font-family="'Liberation Sans'" style:font-family-generic="swiss"
style:font-pitch="variable"/>
svg:font-family="'Lohit Devanagari'"
style:font-family-generic="system" style:font-pitch="variable"/>
style:font-family-generic="system" style:font-pitch="variable"/>
</office:font-face-decls>

Is this by design? Why? Or some sort of bug?

Only the URW Bookman font is used by the few lines of text in the document.

And looking into the Styles xml document I see tons of possibly
redundant entries. There for possible future edits of the document? Eg
Footer styles.

Cheers,

Ian