incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Starting the graduation process
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 14:15:03 GMT
On 31 May 2012 15:01, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Ross Gardler
> <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
>> On 28 May 2012 19:10, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>> There is one particularly nasty job left to do - decide who will be in
>> the PMC upon graduation and who will not. In the past I have
>> volunteered to do this. I will compile a list of people I recommend
>> should be a part of the PPMC and will post this for consideration. I
>> will not take kindly to anyone contacting me offlist to make a case
>> for or against any individuals, so please don't bother. Wait until I
>> post the list here.
>>

> It is good to have someone neutral do this, so thanks.

Yes, that's what I figured, and why I am volunteering myself. .

> I assume you
> will take care to look at contributions as recorded in SVN commits,
> but also forums, translations, Bugzilla, and other areas.

I will do my best to consider all forms of contribution through
official community channels. However, I am not infallible. My initial
list will be an opportunity to explore and validate my process. It
will not be the final list, that will be drawn up after the PPMC have
an opportunity to feed back.

Note, it is *not* my intention to make any kind of quality assessment
of peoples contributions. I'm only interested in whether people are
sufficiently *active* to warrant full privileges in the PMC. Exactly
what "sufficiently active" means at this point is unclear. Each
project has a different bar for PMC membership and we'll find that bar
through evaluation of my initial list and process. I imagine the whole
process will take a number of weeks.

Ross