incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Starting the graduation process
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 13:00:45 GMT
On 28 May 2012 19:10, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> I'd like to start the graduation process, with the aim of being a TLP
> in time for the 3.4.1 release.

Speaking as a mentor...

I want to see clarity on the category-b issue. I've commented
elsewhere and hope to see progress there. Since so many people here
are convinced that the current solution is OK then why doesn't someone
do exactly as Rob suggests later in this thread and get a
clarification of the policy? It would take far less time than arguing
about it.

This is the only blocker I see for graduation at this time.

There is one particularly nasty job left to do - decide who will be in
the PMC upon graduation and who will not. In the past I have
volunteered to do this. I will compile a list of people I recommend
should be a part of the PPMC and will post this for consideration. I
will not take kindly to anyone contacting me offlist to make a case
for or against any individuals, so please don't bother. Wait until I
post the list here.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)