incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Sneak Peek video: Symphony contribution - clipart
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 08:09:16 GMT
On 23 May 2012 03:11, Nancy K <nancythirteen@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Drew this [http://bit.ly/K8jRpD] is WONDERFUL! Thanks for something I can
> pass along to friends that they can understand - those using OpenOffice, or
> those that have never heard of it.

+1000

Drew, are you aware of feathercast? (http://feathercast.apache.org/)

It would be really good to get this work integrated with that.
Currently feathercast is all interviews with people about projects,
but I think there is mileage in having areas for screencasts/demos
etc.

My initial thinking would be for each project that wanted to
particpate to create a file in their own SVN that describes resources
like this they would like to promote then the ComDev PMC provided CMS
scripts for converting those into project specific pages for hosting
in the projects and in the comdev site. The comdev site could also
have index pages etc.

The obvious place to record this information would be in the DOAP file
that TLPs maintain to produce http://projects.apache.org In order to
kickstart this we need a project that is delivering these kinds of
materials. Maybe this is the one?

Ross