incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Paulo de Souza Lima <paulo.s.l...@varekai.org>
Subject Re: Dealing with a large and diverse project - Native Languages and project teams
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 19:44:34 GMT
2012/5/18 Regina Henschel <rb.henschel@t-online.de>

> Hi,

<snip>

> It is possible to work on Media-Wiki without English skills. You only need
> a small sheet with basic formatting commands. The UI of the Wiki uses
> native language. I don't know how many languages are supported, but I see a
> lot in the drop down list.
>
> Look at the categories FR, ES, JA, or RU to see what is possible. (BTW,
> you will not see a lot of German content, because we had already
> ooowiki.de before the openoffice-wiki started, and that has >1000 pages.)
> You can put a lot of end-user help into the wiki and go far beyond the
> build-in help.
>
> Kind regards
> Regina

It's possible to do more than that. It's possible for users to create pages
using preformated templates and forms.

For example: If a user wishes to include some sort of tutorial in the wiki,
he/she could only fill a form in a page. Once he/she clicks in "Save"
buttom, the corresponding page is created, automaticaly categorized and
displayed in another page containing a preformated semantic search that
shows all related documents together. Without the need to edit pages and
pages of references.

--
Paulo de Souza Lima
http://almalivre.wordpress.com