incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Paulo de Souza Lima <paulo.s.l...@varekai.org>
Subject Re: manuals on OpenOffice
Date Sun, 13 May 2012 21:12:12 GMT
2012/5/13 Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org>

> Raul Pacheco da Silva wrote:
>
>> http://wiki.services.**openoffice.org/wiki/**Documentation/OOo3_User_**
>> Guides/OOo3.3_Chapters_ODT<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/OOo3.3_Chapters_ODT>
>> I saw that these manuals are under the GNU ...
>> are showing that these documents OOOautohrs
>> We can make some indication in this direction and use the license at the
>> end of
>> the Apache Incubator
>>

> I don't completely understand what you mean (and of course I am not a
> lawyer), but if you mean that you translated the OOoAuthors documentation
> and you would like to relicense your translation under the Apache license,
> this is not possible nor necessary:
>
> - not possible because translation counts as derived work, so it inherits
> the GPL[+CC-BY] license and you can't change it unless the English version
> changes its license too.
>
> - not necessary because these guides have never been included in a release
> of OpenOffice and are not officially part of the project, and these would
> be the cases where license incompatibility matters. So if you wish to
> update/translate them, nothing changed due to the OpenOffice codebase
> license change.
>
> Regards,
>  Andrea.

Ok.
Raul and me worked on translating LibO documentation to Pt-BR. Now we wish
to do the same for AOO, but there's no documentation available under Apache
license.

Our doubt is: The manuals will be kept under GNU License or should we wait
for further discussions in order to define this issue?

This issue don't impact the translation itself, but it impact publication
of the new translated documents. So, I think we can do that with the old
OOo 3.3 docs, but we don't know how to proceed on new documentation on AOO
3.4

Rgds.

--
Paulo de Souza Lima
Técnico em Eletrônica e Administrador

"Para que as pessoas conquistem a paz em suas relações, a paz espiritual e
a paz entre os povos, é preciso que antes se ganhe a batalha interna das
virtudes sobre os defeitos" - Talal Husseini - Filósofo Acropolitano

"For people to achieve peace in their relationships, spiritual peace and
the peace among people, it's necessary, earlier, to win the internal battle
between virtues and defects" - Talal Husseini - Acropolitan Philosopher