incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Damjan Jovanovic <dam...@apache.org>
Subject AOO fails to compile with Subversion 1.7
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 00:27:50 GMT
Hi

Don't know if anyone picked this up, but trying to compile the latest
SVN of AOO on Linux with Subversion 1.7 installed is failing:

---snip---
gcc -pthread -c -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes  -I. -IInclude -I./Include  -fPIC -DPy_BUILD_CORE
-DSVNVERSION=\"`LC_ALL=C svnversion .`\" -o Modules/getbuildinfo.o
./Modules/getbuildinfo.c
gcc: error: directory": No such file or directory
make: *** [Modules/getbuildinfo.o] Error 1
dmake:  Error code 2, while making
'./unxlngx6.pro/misc/build/so_built_so_python'

1 module(s):
	python
need(s) to be rebuilt

Reason(s):

ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /home/user/OO.o/ooo/main/python

When you have fixed the errors in that module you can resume the build
by running:

	build --from python
---snip---

Apparently the problem is that Subversion 1.7 gives different and
unexpected output for "svnversion ." thus breaking the Python build
(http://rpatterson.net/blog/building-python-with-subversion-1.7).

You can hack around it by changing the SVNVERSION line to:
SVNVERSION=     0
in main/python/unxlngx6.pro/misc/build/Python-2.6.1/Makefile.pre.in

Hope this helps someone
Damjan Jovanovic