incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Nelson Marques <nmo.marq...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Linux install issues
Date Sat, 19 May 2012 17:52:20 GMT
2012/5/19 Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>:
> One enduring solution would be to break with the past and not use the same file names
for the binary bits, the same registry keys, etc., any longer.  That would solve a few problems
on Windows too.

This would be a partial solution depending on what the internal
dependency generator from the RPM does when it creates the RPM's. And
would allow us not to deal with the Epoch (which is good, since Epoch
is a very dangerous thing).

Where do I find documentation to build AAO from source so I can
repackage it and generate a YUM repository to provide as a proof of
concept that adresses the fixes wanted ?

--
Nelson Marques
// I've stopped trying to understand sandwiches with a third piece of