incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Acevedo <>
Subject [PROPOSAL]: Apache OpenOffice Next-Gen logo...
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 02:52:38 GMT

I have decided to move forward and give you an early preview of how I think
we should move for the logo of Apache OpenOffice 4 which I think is the
general consensus of the next major release of our project pending Apache
approval. The logos I am proposing are basically the same but there are a
few modifications to the current logo. Below is a description:

AOO Next Logo Changes:

   - The AOO Next logo has a smaller spacing between the letters and
   changes the word "Apache" to "APACHE" in caps (idea taken from Kevin
   Gringon's proposal in the Wiki).
   - The color of the "APACHE" word is now gray (idea taken from Kevin
   Gringon's Proposal in the Wiki).
   - Integration of the "AOO" initials (for one of the logo proposals).
   - Retirement of the Orb logo and substituting it with a refined concept
   of the previous OOo logo prior verson 3.2.1. I did this new icon in a
   conservative manner and I think it will fit best the next release of AOO as
   it will match with the post AOO 3.4 Application (Writer, Impress, Calc,
   etc.) icons. The new logo makes a nod to the post-PC era when it comes to
   how an application icon now looks in our devices.
   - Keep some commonality with the current Orb Centric logo by keeping the
   name of the suite with the current font that is being used for our site's

Without further waiting, I present to you my logo proposal for AOO 4.
Please follow this link:!1631&parid=root

Hope you like it and suggestions are welcomed. I would like to credit Kevin
Gringon for the changes in terms of font spacing in the word "OpenOffice"
and the "APACHE" word capitalization suggestions.