incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Acevedo <vea1...@gmail.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL]: Apache OpenOffice Next-Gen logo...
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 02:52:38 GMT
Hi,

I have decided to move forward and give you an early preview of how I think
we should move for the logo of Apache OpenOffice 4 which I think is the
general consensus of the next major release of our project pending Apache
approval. The logos I am proposing are basically the same but there are a
few modifications to the current logo. Below is a description:

AOO Next Logo Changes:

   - The AOO Next logo has a smaller spacing between the letters and
   changes the word "Apache" to "APACHE" in caps (idea taken from Kevin
   Gringon's proposal in the Wiki).
   - The color of the "APACHE" word is now gray (idea taken from Kevin
   Gringon's Proposal in the Wiki).
   - Integration of the "AOO" initials (for one of the logo proposals).
   - Retirement of the Orb logo and substituting it with a refined concept
   of the previous OOo logo prior verson 3.2.1. I did this new icon in a
   conservative manner and I think it will fit best the next release of AOO as
   it will match with the post AOO 3.4 Application (Writer, Impress, Calc,
   etc.) icons. The new logo makes a nod to the post-PC era when it comes to
   how an application icon now looks in our devices.
   - Keep some commonality with the current Orb Centric logo by keeping the
   name of the suite with the current font that is being used for our site's
   logo.

Without further waiting, I present to you my logo proposal for AOO 4.
Please follow this link:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=69f0fbe8e03b2c13&resid=69F0FBE8E03B2C13!1631&parid=root

Hope you like it and suggestions are welcomed. I would like to credit Kevin
Gringon for the changes in terms of font spacing in the word "OpenOffice"
and the "APACHE" word capitalization suggestions.

--
Best,
Michael