incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <>
Subject Re: [DOWNLOAD] Improved webpage and scripts
Date Sun, 20 May 2012 16:11:24 GMT
On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 6:36 AM, Marcus (OOo) <> wrote:

> Am 05/20/2012 01:01 PM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>  On 19/05/2012 Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>>> http://ooo-site.staging.****html<>
>>> In the last hours and days I've worked on the DL scripts.
>> Thanks, worked nicely for me; this one and
>> http://ooo-site.staging.****other_print.html<>
>> too.
> Thanks for your feedback.
>  Since we send everybody to the hard-coded link
>> for Release notes, I added a link to the Italian version on that page
>> (3.4.0.html). I couldn't immediately find other translations, but it
>> would be good to have them listed there too.
> Yes, would be another goody for the users. However, as long as it's not
> translated in every langauge it doesn't make sense to build this into the
> automatism logic. Otherwise I've to make more exceptions than I want with
> the improvements.
> Marcus

Maybe instead of the *one* Italian link, we could route to  new page with
release note translations --  description  "In other languages"  -- or
something.  I think these notes may be available in other languages now,
but I don't know where they are.  This particular page was an HTML dump of
a wiki page. If this mechanism continues in the future (i.e. wiki creation
first), it would be easier to put a single link to translations on the "en"
page, that would link to translations in other languages.

It IS a good idea to include translations when available.

Just an idea...

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."
                                 -- Mark Twain