incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Linux install issues
Date Sun, 20 May 2012 16:29:49 GMT
On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 6:06 PM, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <
andrew@pitonyak.org> wrote:

> On 05/19/2012 04:52 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>
>> On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Rory O'Farrell<ofarrwrk@iol.ie>  wrote:
>>
>>  On Sat, 19 May 2012 10:00:39 -0700
>>> Kay Schenk<kay.schenk@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi all--

>> install guide.
>>

> Remember that pretty much nothing has changed with respect to what must be
> done with AOO as opposed to OOo. In other words, I never noticed that it
> was an issue because I needed to do all these steps for many years. I have
> always done it if I did not care to stick with the version provided by the
> distro.
>

> --
> Andrew Pitonyak
> My Macro Document: http://www.pitonyak.org/**AndrewMacro.odt<http://www.pitonyak.org/AndrewMacro.odt>
> Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php

Thanks again Andrew and Nelson --

I very much appreciate your insights here.  What would be really great is
if both of you signed up for a wiki account -- the openoffice.org wiki,
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org -- and collaborate to add an entry for
Installing on Fedora on the FAQ Installation page --
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ/Installation.

We already have a a general "How to Install on Linux" there, but it
probably needs to be updated. I could take of that. Anyone can apply for a
wiki account.

Thanks again for all our help.

MzK

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."
                                 -- Mark Twain