incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: automatically updating the NL mailing list page?
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 16:08:53 GMT
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > As we gain more approvals for native language mailing lists, I'm
>> wondering
>> > if there is any way for us -- through collecting information elsewhere
>> > somehow? -- to automatically update the NL mailing list page:
>> >
>> > http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/native-lang.html
>> >
>> > so we wouldn't have as much manual record keeping.
>> >

>> It seems like there is a small set of facts:
>>
>> - language name (in English)
>> - language name  (in native language)
>> - list name
>> - list type (user, dev or general)
>> - moderators
>>
>> If this were encoded in XML you could use XSLT to generate the webpage,
>>

> yes...I just don't where to get the information...I will be working on
> this...along with some other similar items...
>

>> -Rob
>>
>> > I'm just throwing this out in case anyone has any insights...
>> >
>> > If not, I will try to get on #asinfra soon and ask about this.
>> >
>> > --
>> > MzK
>> >
>> > "Well, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
>> >  And life has a funny way of helping you out
>> >  Helping you out."
>> >                            -- "Ironic", Alanis Morissette
>>

> --

> MzK
>

> "Well, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
>  And life has a funny way of helping you out
>  Helping you out."
>                             -- "Ironic", Alanis Morissette

Well I had a little conversation with some of the infra folks yesterday on
#asfinfra about this, and the suggestion was to do some scripting to deal
with mailing list information collection in our cms build scripts(???).
This means nothing to me as I don't know anything about how our build
scripts work. I will add this to our "Help Wanted" page and see if someone
would like to further investigate. It might be a fun project for a new
volunteer! :)

MzK

 Helping you out."
                            -- "Ironic", Alanis Morissette