incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Distributing AOO 3.4: The 22 things we need to do before we announce
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 16:17:58 GMT
On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 4:22 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Distribution+Tasks

anything is missing.
> It
is complete and to
> have
of these tasks.

having hard-coded
> >> download

3.3.0 download
> links.

There
> is

> http://www.openoffice.org/download/archive.html
> >> ,

webpage. Please note
> that
> So,
Public
> >> License

> arrow

> clicking

> pointer to
> >> :-(

> >> I wonder if it would be simpler to just put that info in a <p> and not
> >> have a box at all.  Boxes seem to lead the user to click.  It looks
> >> like a button.  So if we have nothing to click, then don't use a box.

> page?

> >> packs

> >> someplace...

> >> oops!)
> >> >

> >> Oh, it looks much nicer now that the alerts are gone!
> >>
> >> One idea to support the legacy links:
> >>
> >> Right now we have three simple links under the top button:
> >>
> >> "Searching for another version? Get all platforms, languages, language
> >> packs | Release Notes | MD5 checksums"
> >>
> >> What if we shortened the first link, and added another one, like this:
> >>
> >> Other Platforms and Languages | Older Versions | Release Notes |
> >> Signatures and Hashes
> >>

> > fine...
> >

> >> (note in this version I've changed "MD5 checksum" to "Signatures and
> >> Hashes" since the Apache releases come with 2 differnt hashes as well
> >> as a detached signature.   And that reminds me.... we'll need a page
> >> for that.
> >>

> > ...uh, OK, where do we get them???? I don't see anything like this right
> > now in "dist" for example...
> >

> They are all over the place, in the individual NL directories, e.g.:
>

> http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/files/localized/ar/3.4.0/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Linux_x86-64_langpack-deb_ar.tar.gz.md5
>
> It will be painful to create a page of all of these links:  6
> platforms x 16 languages x 3 hashes
>
> We should probably have the script that generates all the hashes also
> generate the HTML page that contains these links, or generate at least
> the <table>.
>
> -Rob

Rob--

OK, I see. Yeah, complicated...I think you should post this as a separate
item to the list of starters. I'm wondering since they're named like the
packages with additional extensions if we could somehow supply them (as
separate DL links WITH the package), but a new table would be better...

> > I can do both of these changes tomorrow probably.
> >

> >> -Rob

> > --

> > MzK
> >
> > "Well, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
> >  And life has a funny way of helping you out
> >  Helping you out."
> >                            -- "Ironic", Alanis Morissette

MzK

 Helping you out."