incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [UX] New AOO User Experience Community
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 22:18:24 GMT
On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 8:23 PM, Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon.oo@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Thanks for input.
>
> Here is what I understand the community is saying:
>
> AOO community = team
> [UX] = mailing list topic prefix
> User experience - design and development topic related to the end user
> experience
> People who contribute to user experience activities - a self-selected group
> of individuals working on a common user experience- related tasks for a
> period
> of time
> Pronoun "I" is preferred to "we"
>
> Got it. This makes sense.
>
> I'm still adapting to the "Apache" way. I appreciated the ongoing feedback
> and guidance.

Kevin,

I think you've got it! Yes, Apache is much flatter structure than what you
(many of us) were used to previously. The major advantage that I have found
is that everyone gets to know what everyone else is working on. It may seem
daunting at times, but it has a lot of advantages -- mutual decision making
giving  everyone  a say, no surprise actions by one group over another.

UX is of course critical to the success of Apache OpenOffice, so I think
you'll find everyone here has an interest in this topic whether they
participate in the UX discussions a lot or a little.

> Regards,
> Kevin
> A contributor to the self-selected group of individuals working on a number
> of common user experience-related tasks for the next little while :)
>

> On Thursday, May 24, 2012, Yong Lin Ma wrote:
>
> > Whatever it is named, I think it is good for people who are
> > experienced in UX design identify themselves out here. Designers need
> > other's help to implement their ideas. The bar for UX design of such a
> > product is very low. Everyone can have its own opinions or brilliant
> > ideas. But it is also easy to mess up a product by combining many good
> > ideas together. If things going well, there will be situations that
> > people get different opinions about a ux change and the fall into
> > endless discussion. I would trust UX designer's choice in case like
> > that, if we a decision must be made in the end.
> >

> > On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Paulo de Souza Lima
> > <paulo.s.lima@varekai.org> wrote:

Lima:

UX community
> > direction.

My
> > contribution

> > free to
> > see a

> > would
> have.
> UX

> > involved.

doing the work
> and
> > is

> > doing

MzK

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."
                                 -- Mark Twain