incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Troll warning
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 16:36:52 GMT
On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 5:30 AM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com>wrote:

> On 18 May 2012 13:21, Fernando Cassia <fcassia@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> But 'Rob Weir Farts During Playing of LibreOffice National
> >> Anthem" will be headline news and will be retweeted 100 times.
> >>

> > You made me ROFL. Thanks for that. Have a good Friday.
>
> I too laughed at this.
>
> However, once I stopped laughing I read the
> article. I'm not sure what the problem is. It seems pretty well
> balanced to me. I'm happy to see it being retweeted a great deal. It
> gives space to both the "LO" has won and the "AOO" will accelerate
> innovation arguments. It's now the job of this project to do that
> innovative work in collaboration with anyone who wants to play.
>
> Ross

I disagree -- I don't find it balanced at all! It's just one rant after
another. Not an article really, a collection of (mostly) negative sound
bites...and to what end? So many ridiculous statements, by folks with more
emotion than any real business acumen. I could list a few of them and go
into my own rant, but I'll pass....

MzK

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."
                                 -- Mark Twain