incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] new DL test...needs review and comments, and probably correction
Date Sat, 05 May 2012 16:47:54 GMT
On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 6:46 AM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:

> Am 05/05/2012 02:55 PM, schrieb Claudio Filho:
>
>  2012/5/5 Marcus (OOo)<marcus.mail@wtnet.de>:
>>
>>> The platform seems not recognized. Please post what you get from this
>>> webpage:
>>>
>>
>> My results.
>>
>> Claudio
>>
>>
>> ----- Chromium 18.0.1025.168~r134367-1 -----
>> navigator.platform: Linux i686
>> navigator.UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64)
>> AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.168
>> Safari/535.19
>> navigator.UserAgent lower case: mozilla/5.0 (x11; linux x86_64)
>> applewebkit/535.19 (khtml, like gecko) chrome/18.0.1025.168
>> safari/535.19
>> navigator.UserAgent lower case: -1
>> getLink(): undefined
>> getPlatform(): Linux
>> getLanguage(): Portuguese (Brazilian)
>>
>>
>> window.location.href    http://www.openoffice.org/**
>> download/test/analyze.html<http://www.openoffice.org/download/test/analyze.html>
>> navigator.platform      Linux i686
>> navigator.platform.**toLowerCase()        linux i686
>> navigator.userAgent     Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/535.19
>> (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.168 Safari/535.19
>> navigator.userAgent.**toLowerCase()       mozilla/5.0 (x11; linux x86_64)
>> applewebkit/535.19 (khtml, like gecko) chrome/18.0.1025.168
>> safari/535.19
>> navigator.language      pt-BR
>> navigator.userLanguage  undefined
>> navigator.systemLanguage        undefined
>> navigator.javaEnabled() Yes
>>
>
> Chrome is available for rpm- and deb-based Linux. Unfortunately, the
> "navigator.userAgent" doesn't show an indicator to split into rpm or deb,
> so it defaults to rpm. Maybe we are at the limit to recognize and provide
> the correct URL for download.
>
> If you - or someone else - knows about how to recognize Chrome browser on
> rpm and deb Linux, please tell us.
>
>
>  ----- Iceweasel (FFox) 10.0.4esr-2 ------
>> navigator.platform: Linux x86_64
>> navigator.UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:10.0.4)
>> Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.4 Iceweasel/10.0.4
>> navigator.UserAgent lower case: mozilla/5.0 (x11; linux x86_64;
>> rv:10.0.4) gecko/20100101 firefox/10.0.4 iceweasel/10.0.4
>> navigator.UserAgent lower case: -1
>> getLink(): undefined
>> getPlatform(): Linux x86-64
>> getLanguage(): Portuguese (Brazilian)
>>
>>
>> window.location.href    http://www.openoffice.org/**
>> download/test/analyze.html<http://www.openoffice.org/download/test/analyze.html>
>> navigator.platform      Linux x86_64
>> navigator.platform.**toLowerCase()        linux x86_64
>> navigator.userAgent     Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:10.0.4)
>> Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.4 Iceweasel/10.0.4
>> navigator.userAgent.**toLowerCase()       mozilla/5.0 (x11; linux x86_64;
>> rv:10.0.4) gecko/20100101 firefox/10.0.4 iceweasel/10.0.4
>> navigator.language      pt-BR
>> navigator.userLanguage  undefined
>> navigator.systemLanguage        undefined
>> navigator.javaEnabled() Yes
>>
>
> The DL magic checks if "navigator.userAgent" contains the term "debian".
> If so, a URL with a deb package will be created.
> Here it seems we have to extend it with the term "iceweasel".


Yes, your analysis is correct. Since I don't use debian, or any of it's
derivatives, I didn't know what we should expect here. Is "iceweasel"
something  ONLY used by debian distros? I'm confused...



>
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Marcus
>



-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MzK

"Well, life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
 And life has a funny way of helping you out
 Helping you out."
                            -- "Ironic", Alanis Morissette

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message