incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting Started with AOO book
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 16:31:54 GMT
On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Juergen Schmidt
<jogischmidt@googlemail.com>wrote:

> On Tuesday, 1. May 2012 at 12:23, Jean Weber wrote:
> > The lack of interest in this book is quite conspicuous, and very
> demotivating for me to continue to work on it. I've put the updated draft
> chapters on the ODFAuthors website and will put the compiled draft book
> there soon. Then I'll go back to my travel photos and to the LibreOffice
> books. Someone can let me know if/when anything happens at AOO userdocs.
> Cheers, Jean
> >

> it's simply a busy time at the moment with a lot of things that have to be
> finished for our 3.4 release.
> I personally got an upset stomach and felt not motivated to do anything.
> Probably the German food was to heavy compared to Chinese food that I have
> enjoyed the last weeks.
> But I am sure you will get many feedback when the 3.4 is out and more and
> more people will seeking good documenting.
> Maybe the forum is also a good place to ask for feedback. I don't know if
> you have asked there as well.
>
> Your work and the work of odfauthors is very much appreciated and very
> useful.
>
> Don't be demotivated, let us think how we can promote the docs better.
> Maybe we can include some reference links in our integrated help or
> something similar.

This would be a nice idea...I see the "/support" area, where books and
other support is kept, is not mentioned in the README file and maybe should
be.

And, yes, it has been VERY busy with distribution details right now. I am
optimistic we can get back to" rebuilding the ecosystem" once this initial
release is out.

> Juergen

MzK

 Helping you out."