incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AOO 2 million?
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 22:58:14 GMT
On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 1:27 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On 05/24/2012 11:46 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
> >>
> >> Just checking the numbers:  we appear to be at 1.8 million for AOO 3.4
> >> install downloads.
> >>
> >> It might make sense to put out another story when we hit 2 million.
> >

> > why not! :)
> >

> OK. I'll work with Don on this.    But after this I suggest we only
> note the downloads at 5 million intervals.  Otherwise we will spend
> too much time writing news articles and too little time improving
> OpenOffice.

this definitely makes sense...

We might note that June 1 is the first anniversary OpenOffice with Apache.
Maybe the new DL stats announcement, if the timeline is right, might make
note of this and include a mention of how successful this new
environment/arrangement has been for OpenOffice. Just a thought.