incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Starting the graduation process
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 22:29:57 GMT
On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> I'd like to start the graduation process, with the aim of being a TLP
> in time for the 3.4.1 release.
>
> The IPMC has a "Guide to Successful Graduation" page with a lot of
> detail and advice:  http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html
>
> The calendar here is especially useful:
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#toplevel
>
> It shows 4 steps:
>
> 1) a vote on ooo-dev (a community vote) on whether we want to graduate now
>
> 2) a discussion on ooo-dev leading to the draft of a charter for the new
> TLP
>
> 3) an IPMC vote on whether or not to recommend the podling for graduation
>
> 4) a vote by the ASF Board on a resolution creating the new TLP
>
> This thread is just a proposal.  It is not the actual vote called for
> in #1 above.  But I'd like to gauge current sentiment.  Are we all +1
> for going ahead?  If not, please list what pre-graduation tasks you
> believe need to be done first.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Rob

There is a LOT to go through here. I was OK up until the "Prepare a
Charter" and then I'm confused. I see the minutes of board actions but not
actual charters(?) OK, I may have missed the essence...I'll move on.

I think it's fine to "start the graduation process" at this time though I'm
not sure we'll make the 3.4.1 timeline proposal of July 31, 2012. (There
seems to be a lot to do with this.)

Pedro has brought up some points. The only thing I've seen that might be an
issue for us is the use of Apache mirrors, as we're currently using
SourceForge for distributions also.

MzK

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."
                                 -- Mark Twain