incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Albino Biasutti Neto <biasut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Introduces
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 23:27:00 GMT
Hi.

2012/5/2 luizheli <luizheli@gmail.com>

> Hello Kevin,
>
> Thanks for the sweet words. What we did here in Brazil with the Journal
> BrOffice was a great experience for all of us because the entire
> production of the magazine was made by BrOffice suite (Writer and
> Draw). With this, we were the first to learn how to use the tool and
> help people with tips and tutorials. Furthermore, we did interviews with
> CIOs of companies that went through migrations to BrOffice/OpenOffice. I
> really like your idea of having the focus on the user. In my opinion,
> for this type of project (a magazine) work it takes a very active
> community. We already have the social media, local lists are being
> created. Do you think it possible to produce an electronic journal
> edited and produced using only free software and Apache OpenOffice? I
> think so!
>

> rgds,

I also think so. Plans of the future! :)

Luiz has done and does great job.

The magazine BrOffice was good, with an best content, contributors, etc.

2012/5/1 Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon.oo@gmail.com>

> Your experience and background could be of huge assistance to the UX effort
> moving forward. Product design is a multidisciplinary activity, and your
> skills and experience are really impressive. I want to transform the AOO
> design approach to be more oriented around people, versus technology. I
> want to focus the strategic planning and design direction less on features,
> and more on how people use AOO in the context of their lives -
> multi-device, cloud and social and more...
>
> Best regards,
> Kevin

The focus on users is very important. Conduct research with end users,
businesses to learn the use of aoo. First is the conquest with end users
and experients.

Best,
Albino