incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Albino Biasutti Neto <>
Subject Re: Introduces
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 23:27:00 GMT

2012/5/2 luizheli <>

> Hello Kevin,
> Thanks for the sweet words. What we did here in Brazil with the Journal
> BrOffice was a great experience for all of us because the entire
> production of the magazine was made by BrOffice suite (Writer and
> Draw). With this, we were the first to learn how to use the tool and
> help people with tips and tutorials. Furthermore, we did interviews with
> CIOs of companies that went through migrations to BrOffice/OpenOffice. I
> really like your idea of having the focus on the user. In my opinion,
> for this type of project (a magazine) work it takes a very active
> community. We already have the social media, local lists are being
> created. Do you think it possible to produce an electronic journal
> edited and produced using only free software and Apache OpenOffice? I
> think so!
> rgds,
I also think so. Plans of the future! :)

Luiz has done and does great job.

The magazine BrOffice was good, with an best content, contributors, etc.

2012/5/1 Kevin Grignon <>

> Your experience and background could be of huge assistance to the UX effort
> moving forward. Product design is a multidisciplinary activity, and your
> skills and experience are really impressive. I want to transform the AOO
> design approach to be more oriented around people, versus technology. I
> want to focus the strategic planning and design direction less on features,
> and more on how people use AOO in the context of their lives -
> multi-device, cloud and social and more...
> Best regards,
> Kevin

The focus on users is very important. Conduct research with end users,
businesses to learn the use of aoo. First is the conquest with end users
and experients.