incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "I want to stay informed about OpenOffice" option for the home page?
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 20:29:15 GMT
2012/5/3 Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org>:
> On 03/05/2012 Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> One thing we don't have any more is that registration dialog from
>> OpenOffice.org.   Does anyone recall what that used to do?
>

> If I recall correctly, in different periods it was used for a user survey
> (and this would be a meaningful suggestion for the future maybe), for
> registering accounts at Sun and for registering accounts at Oracle.
>
> You can get an idea of the survey at
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Renaissance:Phase_1:OOoUser_Survey
>
> Regards,
>  Andrea.

It was also used to register the user "with him/herself": The
registration process helped the user to fill the fields under Tools →
Options → OpenOffice.org → User data. Now, for most new users that
info will remain empty. While not a problem by itself, this means for
example that documents will always open on the first page and not on
the last edited point, because the user data do not match the document
author.

Regards
Ricardo