incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ask for review]: Contribute hints and tips for three editors
Date Mon, 28 May 2012 09:23:10 GMT
2012/5/28 Jing Bai <jingbaibetsy@gmail.com>:
> Here is a bunch of hints and tips to assist users when they work with AOO
> editors . They are short articles with graphics. Could community members
> review them and provide comments to us?
> We put them on the MediaWiki, since it is pretty straight forward. But we
> have not yet link those articles in the main page category, could anyone
> suggest which category is appropriate to add those tips in? Many thanks!
>
> Document hints and tips:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Hints_tips_document
> Spreadsheet hints and tips:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Hints_tips_spreadsheet
> Presentation hints and tips:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Hints_and_tips_presentation
>
> Best regards
> Betsy

There are some formatting problems:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Creating_cross-references_in_documents
shows a lot of </dt>  and </dd> tags

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Reasons_why_a_document_cannot_be_changed

you can see ... You can see the words <samp class="ph
codeph">(read-only)</samp> on the title bar ...

Htlm code not parsed by the wiki?

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Creating_different_headers_for_left_pages_and_right_pages
Usually you don't need two page styles to have different content on
headers or footers: just uncheck the "same content left/right" on the
page style definition.

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Using_instant_corrections_in_documents

more html tags

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Working_with_master_document

A good advice is to create the master document and all subdocuments
from same template

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Setting_paragraph_indentations_in_documents

A good advice here is to never mix paragraph indents with numbering
indents: if you build numbered paragraphs it is better to use a
paragraph style without indents, with the numbering style controlling
everything.

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Quick_ways_to_insert_lines_and_tables_in_documents

more html tags

For the rest, it seems quite good :)