incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [User Experience] - What is the status of the user experience project?
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 10:14:11 GMT
On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 6:21 AM, Yue Helen <helenyuehy@gmail.com> wrote:

> Agree with Juergen.  We can start from the people we have now in the
> community, and plan for the future. UX design is very important for an
> office product. We need to build design input into our development
> activities.
>
> Helen

Sorry to parachute into this discussion, but I have just joined this list
and didn't see the beginning of this thread.

Count me in, if I can, I will provide UX feedback and/or ideas.

Also important is to learn from other people's mistakes, and try to avoid
doing change for change's sake.
If in doubt, ask Google about what not to do. ;)

http://news.techeye.net/software/google-to-angry-gmail-users-we-know-better
http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2012/4/24/googles-cloud-throws-a-thunderbolt-to-gmail-users.aspx

See also: http://t.co/HeTn5RCe

Moral of the story: don't change for change's sake, and always consult with
users and beta-test UX changes for end-user feedback before implementing
them and adding those changes to the product.

FC
act
- George Orwell