incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Claudio Filho <filh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][www] Redirected br.openoffice.org
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 12:49:31 GMT
Hi

2012/5/10 Albino Biasutti Neto <biasuttin@gmail.com>:
>> About: br.openoffice.org is redirected to openoffice.org/pt-br

One explanation first. In brazilian Internet, we use the final ".br"
in domain names, following the Domains Internet rules, to indicate the
country.

So, for us, is natural think "br.anysite.org" instead of "pt-br.anysite.org" .

>> The primary / *first*: openoffice.org/pt-br "

Albino, IMO, we can use pt-br.oo.o as a "translated clone" of EN site,
respecting some localized issues, like lists.

> Create pt-br.openoffice.org (secondary) ? Because it's similar
> openoffice.org/pt-br

No. pt-br.oo.o == oo.o/pt-br

> The redirected br.openoffice.org to openoffice.org/pt-br, Ok!

Well, this is a good question (looking by marketing side), but i don't
know from localization side, where "br" == breton language in language
ISO code.

My 2 cents...

Claudio