incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Roberto Salomon <roberto.salo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pages in the social media
Date Sun, 06 May 2012 14:30:36 GMT
Hi,

Non-English social media accounts have two major tasks: Deliver official
news in the communities' languages and deliver news that, although
interesting for local communities, may not be of interest for other
communities.

Simply relaying English content through a non-English channel defeats the
purpose, as Imacat said.

As for the human resources, what I found in the past is that volunteers are
a great source of information, as long as they don't have to maintain the
lists or sites themselves. A localized social media e-mail address could be
set as a front-end for information gathering that could supply a steady
feed of relevant information for the community.

Best regards,

--
Roberto Salomon
http://notaslivres.webhop.net