incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting Started with AOO book
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 10:48:59 GMT
On 01/05/2012, at 20:37, eric <eric.bachard@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Le 01/05/2012 12:23, Jean Weber a écrit :
>> The lack of interest in this book is quite conspicuous,
>> and very demotivating for me to continue to work on it.
>
> What about wait for the Apache OpenOffice availability *before* to stop ?
> IMHO, it should be more easy to find contributors once we'll provide something usable.

Possibly we'll get more technical writers then. But always having user documentation done
*after* the release is not a good situation. Most if the time the user docs don't get done
before the next release, and so are always very late and behind schedule. This is very common,
not just at AOO.

Also, these books are not under Apache license, and there has been talk about doing other
types of user assistance within the official project. So any tech writers who turn up should
be encouraged to work on official stuff, don't you think?