incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Wright <gwright2...@hotmail.es>
Subject Re: How to enable crash log for AOO3.4?
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 12:40:59 GMT
On 29/05/2012 13:38, Joost Andrae wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the crash reporter doesn't seem to work anymore even if I add a dummy
> URL into the ErrorReportServer entry within the bootstrap.ini file.
> This must be a bug that needs to be fixed within the build environment.
>
> Am 29.05.2012 14:26, schrieb Joost Andrae:
>> Hi,
>>
>> maybe it depends on the crash. For testing purpose the developer Hennes
>> Rohling (nick hro) once created the tool kill.exe which was part of the
>> tools project within OOo. This kill.exe allows you to sent the proper
>> signal to the soffice.bin (soffice.exe was just the starter process)
>> process on a Win32 platform. I once used it to check if the crash
>> reports generated were readable by the ReportMail database to allow
>> further automation of crash report data eg. to automatically create bug
>> reports in case there was a given amount of equal stack traces.
>>
>> Usage:
>>
>> kill -NULL soffice.bin
>>
>> kills the soffice.bin process to allow crashdump creation
>>
>> On Win32 the crash reporter generates a dmp file which can be read by
>> Microsoft's windbg application also known as "Debugging Tools for
>> Windows". On other platforms it creates an ASCII readable call stack
>> based on the system's backtrace function.
>>

> Kind regards, Joost

I am off subject here but what exactly are the improvements in
OpenOffice 3.4 and 3.3?
I have just downloaded it and I cannot see any improvements whatsoever!
It's WORSE than 3.3 in fact! as no Standard English version is
available! Only the localised US English version!
I have downloaded the Spanish language pack and I shall be using Open
office in Spanish until the developers create a version in English.

Graham.