incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL]: Apache OpenOffice Next-Gen logo...
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 07:41:13 GMT

Le 9 mai 12 à 09:29, Ariel Constenla-Haile a écrit :

> Hi *,

Hi,

> On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 09:24:40AM +0200, Andre Fischer wrote:
>> On 09.05.2012 08:33, Kevin Grignon wrote:
>>> Michael,
>>>
>>> Thanks for sharing the logo mockups. Also, I appreciate you
>>> acknowledging
>>> my earlier contributions - most gracious.
>>>
>>> With AOO 3.4 just hitting the streets, now is the time to think
>>> about
>>> performing some design research and explorations in support of
>>> branding for
>>> AOO 4.0.
>>>
>>> Perhaps you could create an AOO 4.0 logo concepts page on the
>>> wiki to
>>> capture these great ideas. I also have a number of concepts that
>>> I would
>>> like to share with you and others for input.
>>
>> Maybe we can do a logo contest similar to the one Apache Flex did?
>>
>>     http://incubator.apache.org/flex/logo-contest.html
>

> IMHO it is better to have some profession designer volunteering,

Both are equal to my eyes : the door is open, and beginners are
welcome too : creativity and being employed by a company are
orthogonal ...

> I recall the ugly OOo 3 splash screen

Me too.

> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Art/Gallery/
> OOo3_Splash_Screen
> Stella's was far better that the one that got selected.

Stella did a great work, and not only in this case. Maybe she's
reading the thread, and could give us some advices ? (just in
case  :-)  )

Regards,
Eric

--