incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Download stats script (in progress)
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 04:28:49 GMT

On May 10, 2012, at 9:10 PM, Juergen Schmidt wrote:

> On Friday, 11. May 2012 at 05:06, Rob Weir wrote:
>> SourceForge has a nice REST API to query for download stats and return
>> them in JSON objections. Unfortunately, our directory structure for
>> AOO 3.4 is rather odd, with English downloads in one place,
>> translations in another directory, and mixing hashes, installs and
>> languages packs altogether. So getting these stats is a little
>> painful. You can't just get the numbers of a single directory and be
>> done. It is more complicated than that.
>>

> I noticed this as well and I have also thought about a script or app to collect them
;-) good that you already have started...

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/tools/.

> Maybe we can integrate a download counter in the webpage. Something that gets automatically
updated hourly or twice a day.

We should be able to script publishing of the downloads (or any other) page every hour. This
is done for www.apache.org/. Infra will know the details.

Putting the script in tools makes it accessible. If trunk/bin is more common then that instead.

Regards,
Dave